SEACON Advanced Products, LLC S1 series connector is a small single channel underwater mateable, fiber optic connector that utilizes the same modular contacts as the 4 channel S-Series connector.
The S1’s modular but simple, robust design has few moving parts making it extremely reliable. Other features include:
- An average insertion loss of better than 0.5dB (1.0dB maximum)
- Average back reflection better than -40dB (-35dB minimum)
- A lifecycle of up to 25 mate/de-mates without refurbishment
- Rated to 1,000m (3,200 ft)
- Operating temperature range: -5 degrees centigrade to +30 degrees centigrade (23 degrees Fahrenheit to 113 degrees Fahrenheit)
Several new connector developments have taken place this year within the SEACON Group
The first of which is the release of the GLOBE-CON connector range that was developed for a European customer involved in a major offshore development project. Small in diameter this connector series is manufactured using Viton and is capable of withstanding temperatures of up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit. Available in three shell sizes with up to 12 contacts and rated to 10,000 psi (22,500ft / 7,000m), this connector range is particularly sturdy and robust, coupled with it’s high temperature rating, makes the GLOBE-CON suitable for many harsh environment applications.
SEACON has delivered it’s final shipment of its highly successful and field proved HydraLight connectors to FMC Technologies for the first stage of the Ormen Lange field.
This shipment was the last of over 150 connectors supplied for this project and is continuing testament to the success of the HYDRALIGHT connector. Ormen Lange is the largest gas field under development in the Norwegian continental shelf and is located 100km off the northwest coast of Norway at a water depth of up to 1100m. The HYDRALIGHT is a multi channel (up to 8 channel) fully underwater mateable, pressure balanced optical connector, qualified to 7000m, with an average single mode insertion loss of less than 0.3dB and a average single mode back reflection of -50dB. It’s proven reliable design is suitable for these harsh operating environments and meets the following specification;
- Norsk Hydro NHT-152-00073 Rev 04H
- Statoil RA-SNØ-00182 Rev 01
- Elf Exploration A0-32-2-011-LT-00-SN-005 Rev C
In addition to this, SEACON has recently been awarded a contract for the supply of HydraLight connectors for the Tyrihans project. The Tyrihans oil and gas field is located approximately 25 miles (40km) south of Asgard in roughly 935 feet (285m) of water. The field will be tied back to the Kristin platform where the gas and oil will be processed.
IT IS OFFICIAL!
SEACON Advanced Products, LLC and SEACON Brantner & Associates Dry-Mate Fiber-Optic Production have relocated from El Cajon, California and opened a new joint facility in beautiful Bellville, Texas.
For any wet-mate fiber-optic and hybrid connectors, dry-mate fiber optic and hybrid connectors, optical and hybrid penetrators and electrical wet-mate (CM2000) connectors, please update your records with our current contact information (overleaf), and give us a call any time we can be of service!
SEACON Advanced Products was a division operating within SEACON Brantner & Associates for over 5 years. It was started primarily to cater for the introduction of the HydraStar optical wet-mate connector and the CM2000 electrical wet-mate connector. Over the years the division grew significantly and in 2004 it was decided to spin it off as a separate company, SEACON Advanced Products LLC (SAPL). During this time, the use of optical fiber and development of optical fiber related products started to become it’s core business and SAPL worked very closely with the SEACON Fiber Optic Department.
With the purchase of the facilities in Bellville, Texas, it was decided to merge the two divisions and make Bellville the Center-of-Excellence for all SEACON Fiber Optic Production in the US. This move was made in December 2005 and we are fully commissioned and up to full speed with connector production.
The location in Bellville required a significant reliance on local recruitment, particularly the technicians for the fiber-optic laboratory. However several key Brantner staff have transferred over to Bellville, and others continue to commute, to assist in the training and certification of new staff as required. The involvement from Brantner will remain permanently available, to exploit the benefits of it’s vast experience. All of our current Engineering and Development personnel have remained the same, but we will expand through Bellville as we grow.
Fiber Optic Laboratory
A brand new and dedicated Fiber Optic Laboratory has been built and commissioned in Bellville. All specialist fiber-optic and electrical manufacturing and test equipment is included and has been commissioned.
In addition to mainstream production, the laboratory has a significant amount of experience and capabilities, examples are:
- Electrical Performance – Insulation Resistance, Contact Resistance, HiPot & TDR
- Optical Performance – Optical Attenuation, Back-Reflection, Cross-Talk, OTDR, Interferometer, Visual Fault Finder, Single-Mode, Multi-Mode
- Seal Testing – Helium, Nitrogen, Pressure, Vacuum
- Pressure Testing (through SEACON Brantner) – 20,000psi, Mated & Open Face, Wet-Mate, Pressure Cycling, Misalignment
- Temperature Testing – Low & High Temperature, Temperature Cycling, Thermal Shock
- Mechanical – Vibration, Mechanical Shock, Misalignment Tests (linear, rotational, angular and radial), Locking Device, Mating Forces, ROV Force, Pull Tests, Bending Tests, Mate/De-Mate Speed Tests, Optical Fiber Pull Tests
- Turbid Tank – Sand & Silt, Wet-Mate, Pressure, Cold-Water, Partial Mate
- Long-Term Testing – Pressure Testing, Compatibility, Flooded Connector
- Accelerated Lifetime Testing
- Compatibility Testing
- Bonding Testing – Cross-Section Analysis, Adhesion Bonding
- Cleaning / Assembly Equipment – Circulating and Filtered Ultrasound, Washing Equipment, Portable Optical Comparator Cleanliness Kit, In-Line Particle Counter, Compensation Oil-Clean-Up, Filtering and Verification System
- Close Relationships with External Test Houses – Tensile Strength, Tensile Failure, Explosive (UNDEX), MIL Testing, HERO/EMI, Specialized Pressure Testing
The SEACON family is proud to announce that the SEACON Giannini Coachella operation is relocating to SEACON Advanced Products LLC’s new facility in Bellville, Texas.
This incorporation of switches to the current manufacturing of wet mate and dry mate connectors at the Texas facility seemed only natural as a golden opportunity to enhance production and better serve all our customers needs.
The integration of the switches is scheduled for completion by April 3, 2006 and production will commence immediately thereafter.
We appreciate your patience through this transition period as we continually strive to improve our customer service, production times and line of quality products.
SEACON Advanced Products LLC is excited and pleased to offer the availability of switches to our product line and we look forward to assisting you with all your Fiber Optic and Electrical Underwater Mateable Connectors and Switches.