TE Connectivity (TE)’s SEACON supports deep sea military systems, including submarine and surface ships, littoral water systems and harbor surveillance, through its highly reliable, robust connectivity solutions, such as its wide selection of military connectors. TE also designs and manufactures a range of electrical, optical and coaxial subsea underwater connectors and penetrators, most customizable to suit the configuration needs of harsh marine applications.
Designed to help meet the specific environmental conditions imposed on connectors in subsea systems, TE’s SEACON OPTI-CON connector range offers interchangeable electric or optic contacts with a wide range of customization options. OPTI-CON connectors have 5 shell sizes from one 1 to 20 contact configurations and can be oil-filled or over-molded to fit most cable types. The OPTI-CON connector range is available in a variety of fiber types from single-mode to multi-mode and has a pressure rating of 7,500 psi (5,200m water depth).
For more information click here.
TE Connectivity (TE)’s SEACON HydraLight optical wet-mate connector enables high performance and reliability in many of the harshest subsea environments. It is offered in a standard 8 way configuration with Ultra Physical Contact (UPC) contacts. Angled Physical Contact (APC) contact configurations are available in 8 / 12 / 24 way.
Over 5,000 HydraLight connectors have been sold worldwide. The connectors that have been installed underwater now have an accumulated operating time in excess of 290 million hours, yielding a Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) of better than 61 million hours with a 99% confidence level.
Excellent Optical Performance
• Optical coupling within “joined chamber”
• Single-mode or multi-mode optical fiber
• Average single-mode insertion loss of better than 0.2dB (0.5dB max)
• Average single-mode back-reflection of better than -50dB over mate-cycle life (min of -30dB)
• Oil-filled and pressure balanced
• Qualified to 7,000m (23,000ft)
• Synthetic mineral oil compensation fluid
• Field-proven sealing mechanisms
• Seawater compatible internals and elastomers
• ROV operable interface
• SEACON MKII Pressure Balanced Oil Filled (PBOF) hose
As subsea systems operate in increasingly challenging environments, TE Connectivity (TE)’s SEACON group has improved its connectors to help meet the demands. TE’s commitment to technological advancements across its SEACON product lines has led to improvements across its 25 product ranges, 30,000 connector types and configurations, and thousands of customized connectors for electrical, electrical-optical hybrid, wet-mate and dry-mate connectors.
One of the many products TE has continued to evolve is its SEACON MSS line. Used in high-power motors, submersible pumps, subsea electronic module (SEM) control units, drilling systems and umbilical links for remotely operated underwater vehicles (ROVs), the MSS connector is highly versatile to adapt to systems that require multiple applications through a single interface. MSS connectors can withstand full ocean depth pressure and are fully ruggedized to ease handling and deployment. Manufactured from 316 Stainless Steel as standard with Glass Reinforced Epoxy (GRE) inserts, these connectors are adaptable to custom strength terminations and have a wide range of customizable configurations.
TE Connectivity (TE)’s SEACON Rubber Molded Connector with Integral Gripper is a waterproof electrical connector specifically produced for the sewer and waste water industries. It is a variation of the SEACON standard Rubber Molded waterproof electrical connector range but incorporates a grippable serration allowing for handling and unplugging in slippery and wet conditions.
• Easy mate and demate even with wet and contaminated hands
• Small in size
• Ideally suited for the sewer and water treatment industries
• Various sizes available from single contact up to 12 contacts
• Available with pins and sockets reversed to avoid mismating
• Max working pressure 20,000psi (mated)
• Temperature rating up to 60°
• Voltage rating 600 VDC – contact factory for higher voltage requirements
• Current rating – dependent upon cable requirements
• Sewer inspection
TE Connectivity (TE)’s SEACON SEA-MATE electrical wet-mate connectors features fully interchangeable inserts for greater flexibility, full PBOF (Pressure Balanced Oil Filled) capabilities, and increased configurations, which are all designed to enhance underwater reliability. In addition, this connector range has many features that characterized the original SEACON U-MATE connector series, including a robust design and positive keying. The SEA-MATE connector series is manufactured from 316L stainless steel as standard, but other materials are available upon request.
- Second generation U-MATE
- 4 Shell sizes (G, K, L, M)
- Up to 37 contacts
- Oil filled option available
- ROV mateable version available
- Up to 7,500 psig mated & open face (approx. 16,900ft/5,200m)
- Up to 600 VDC
- Up to 10 amps/50 amps (for new high power version)
- Stainless Steel, Glass Reinforced Epoxy, Hypalon Rubber, Copper Alloy
- Typical uses; Diver communications, UWTV, lights, ROV’s & ship to shore communications
TE’s SEACON 55 dry-mate connector series were developed for a variety of marine applications, including remotely operated vehicles (ROVs), umbilicals, underwater cameras and diver communications. TE’s SEACON 55 connectors include several key features ideal for marine systems, such as gold-plated contacts with contact band interface technology. This connector line also boasts industry standard compatibility and reliable sealing technology.
Subsea jumper assemblies and distribution harnesses are provided by TE Connectivity (TE)’s SEACON for use with subsea connectors. Many subsea electrical and optical cable and connection systems utilize Pressure Balanced Oil Filled (PBOF) cabling solutions. These hoses and junction boxes utilize an elastomeric tube as a conduit for electric wires and fiber optic lines. The elastomeric conduit is filled with a compensating fluid, allowing the sea pressure to equalize the pressure differential within the interior oil volume.
- Temperature and pressure compensated
- Tested to 450 bar
- Ozone protection
- Designed for ROV handling
- Good ROV maneuverability during connector mating
- Deployment techniques similar to jacketed cable
- Each assembly tension tested at 3750 N
- Optics & hybrid available
- Oil filled available
- Two layer design with tension and pressure armor in between
Download the datasheet here for further information.
Glass to metal penetrators provide electrical power and signals from ambient pressure to an atmospheric environment while providing a water tight glass to metal seal.
Stop by booth 5D61 or download the datasheet below to learn more.
Drop by the stand on Day Three of Offshore Europe to see our HydraElectric connector series – booth #5D61.
Stop by booth 5D61 to learn more, or click the link below to view the datasheet.