TE Connectivity (TE)’s SEACON SEA-MATE electrical wet-mate connectors features fully interchangeable inserts for greater flexibility, full PBOF (Pressure Balanced Oil Filled) capabilities, and increased configurations, which are all designed to enhance underwater reliability. In addition, this connector range has many features that characterized the original SEACON U-MATE connector series, including a robust design and positive keying. The SEA-MATE connector series is manufactured from 316L stainless steel as standard, but other materials are available upon request.
- Second generation U-MATE
- 4 Shell sizes (G, K, L, M)
- Up to 37 contacts
- Oil filled option available
- ROV mateable version available
- Up to 7,500 psig mated & open face (approx. 16,900ft/5,200m)
- Up to 600 VDC
- Up to 10 amps/50 amps (for new high power version)
- Stainless Steel, Glass Reinforced Epoxy, Hypalon Rubber, Copper Alloy
- Typical uses; Diver communications, UWTV, lights, ROV’s & ship to shore communications
TE’s SEACON 55 dry-mate connector series were developed for a variety of marine applications, including remotely operated vehicles (ROVs), umbilicals, underwater cameras and diver communications. TE’s SEACON 55 connectors include several key features ideal for marine systems, such as gold-plated contacts with contact band interface technology. This connector line also boasts industry standard compatibility and reliable sealing technology.
Subsea jumper assemblies and distribution harnesses are provided by TE Connectivity (TE)’s SEACON for use with subsea connectors. Many subsea electrical and optical cable and connection systems utilize Pressure Balanced Oil Filled (PBOF) cabling solutions. These hoses and junction boxes utilize an elastomeric tube as a conduit for electric wires and fiber optic lines. The elastomeric conduit is filled with a compensating fluid, allowing the sea pressure to equalize the pressure differential within the interior oil volume.
- Temperature and pressure compensated
- Tested to 450 bar
- Ozone protection
- Designed for ROV handling
- Good ROV maneuverability during connector mating
- Deployment techniques similar to jacketed cable
- Each assembly tension tested at 3750 N
- Optics & hybrid available
- Oil filled available
- Two layer design with tension and pressure armor in between
Download the datasheet here for further information.
Glass to metal penetrators provide electrical power and signals from ambient pressure to an atmospheric environment while providing a water tight glass to metal seal.
Stop by booth 5D61 or download the datasheet below to learn more.
Drop by the stand on Day Three of Offshore Europe to see our HydraElectric connector series – booth #5D61.
Stop by booth 5D61 to learn more, or click the link below to view the datasheet.
Complete Underwater Connectivity Solutions from Trusted Brands
September 5th – 8th 2017
Products Displayed at the Show
- A range of electrical, optical and hybrid connector assemblies, submersible switches and cable system solutions. Also on display will be SEACON Phoenix, LL ROWE,
DEUTSCH, Rochester, AST and AFP brands.
- SEACON including MSS (Metal Shell Series), OPTI-CON and SEA-MATE
- SEACON Phoenix
- LL ROWE
- Rochester Cables
- AST Sensors
- AFP Products
- Please also visit TE Connectivity Aerospace, Defense & Marine website
- Solutions for Marine, Oil and Gas Brochure
- Rochester Engineered Cable Solutions for Harsh Environments
- DEUTSCH Signal Connectors for Topside and Subsea Applications
- DEUTSCH Power Connectors
- AST Sensors
- AFP Products
- The HydraElectric Wet-Mate connector series