New G3 Optical Wet-Mate Connector
As organizations in the subsea industry develop more applications with fiber optic technology in mind, there has been a dramatic increase in the quantity and complexity of connector configurations needed to fit these applications.
In order to meet the changing requirements of customers, the SEACON Group has developed a comprehensive and extensive range of fiber optic products which are designed and manufactured to meet the specific and varied environmental conditions imposed on connectors today.
One of SEACON’s latest fiber optic developments is the G3 optical wet-mate connector. Manufactured by SEACON Advanced Products, LLC in Bellville, Texas, this new, third generation connector utilizes existing HYDRALIGHT technology and is available in 6 channels with either single-mode or multi-mode optical fibers. The G3 offers low profile optical connectivity combined with simplicity of operation and is ideally suited for tight interfaces requiring low loss optical performance. This connector can incorporate flat or angle polished contacts making it ideal for either signal communication systems or optical measurement and sensing systems such as tubing hanger connections, tree connections, riser monitoring systems and life of field seismic systems (LoFS).
G3 Key Features include:
- Very small form factor, with low loss optical performance
- Matched pairs not required
- Internally pressure compensated
- Elastomers suited for harsh chemical environments
- Few internal moving parts
- Maximum operating pressure 15,000 psi
- 6 channels
- Body Material: 316 Stainless Steel, Titanium or other customer specific materials
- Optical Fiber: Single and Multi-mode
- Simplicity of operation
- Patented “Joined Chamber” concept
- Suitable for ROV, Diver, or Stab Plate operation
For more information please contact SEACON Advanced Products, LLC on: +1 (979) 865-8846
or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org