HydraLight Optical Wet-Mate Connectors – Rugged Reliability in Mission Critical Applications
TE Connectivity (TE)’s SEACON HydraLight optical wet-mate connector enables high performance and reliability in many of the harshest subsea environments. It is offered in a standard 8 way configuration with Ultra Physical Contact (UPC) contacts. Angled Physical Contact (APC) contact configurations are available in 8 / 12 / 24 way.
Over 5,000 HydraLight connectors have been sold worldwide. The connectors that have been installed underwater now have an accumulated operating time in excess of 290 million hours, yielding a Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) of better than 61 million hours with a 99% confidence level.
Excellent Optical Performance
• Optical coupling within “joined chamber”
• Single-mode or multi-mode optical fiber
• Average single-mode insertion loss of better than 0.2dB (0.5dB max)
• Average single-mode back-reflection of better than -50dB over mate-cycle life (min of -30dB)
• Oil-filled and pressure balanced
• Qualified to 7,000m (23,000ft)
• Synthetic mineral oil compensation fluid
• Field-proven sealing mechanisms
• Seawater compatible internals and elastomers
• ROV operable interface
• SEACON MKII Pressure Balanced Oil Filled (PBOF) hose