In recent years there has been an increased requirement for connectors to operate in hazardous environments and many applications now require quick and safe disconnection of connectors to be used in these environments. As a result SEACON (europe) Ltd has developed a new robust range of Exd connectors.
The EX-MATE is based around SEACON (europe)'s existing and successful SEA-MATE range and can be wet mated in depths of up to 50m in addition to its suitability for use in explosive environments. It is also available in 4 shell sizes (G, K, L, M) between 2 & 37 contact configurations. However like the SEA-MATE, this series has interchangeable inserts so can be adapted to a number of pin configurations. In addition, the EX-MATE incorporates an Atex approved glanding system for the cable which is encapsulated within the over mold, making it suitable for a range of hazardous environments.
The EX-MATE is suitable for a number of applications including Topside FPSO, Drilling vessels or other potentially explosive environments as covered by the extensive qualification testing.
The EX-MATE has undergone testing at an independent testing house and has achieved ATEX certification to II 2G Ex d IIB T6 amb - 40°C +55°C. Full ATEX - IECEx testing information is available upon request.
- Wet mateable in depths of up to 50m (subject to further testing)
- Designed around existing SEA-MATE range
- 4 shell sizes (G, K, L, M)
- 2 to 37 contact configurations
- Interchangeable inserts
- Incorporates Atex approved glanding system
- Testing achieved Atex certification to II 2G Ex d IIB T6 amb -40°C to + 55°C
- Suitable for applications including Topside FPSO, Drilling Vessels or any potentially explosive environment as covered by the extensive qualification testing