Positive Action Switches
SEACON offers a variety of Switches, including Positive Action Switches to meet the demanding needs of our customers.
Positive Action Switches are designed to give a continuous signal when the switch is activated. Various configurations are available including Rotary and Push and Pull (Kill Switches).
- Load capacities
- Light duty (LD - 1 amp)
- Standard Duty (SD - 7 amps)
- Hermetically sealed
- 316 Stainless Steel or Titanium
- AU series switches are rated to 6,000 psi (4,000 m) and available in LD and SD
- Single Pole Double Throw
- 316 Stainless steel - AU, AU-LSW, AU-LS 10K
- Titanium - AU, AU-LS 10K, AU-LSW
- SEACON Advanced Products, LLC operate a Quality Management System certified to ISO 9001:2008.
- Mounting type:
- 3/4" - 16 UNF for AU
- Bulkhead available for AU series
- Cable moulding and PBOF options available
Design Ratings & Testing
- Pressure Rating:
- 6,000 psi - AU and AU-LSW
- 10,000 psi - AU-LS 10K
- Power load:
- Light Duty = 1 amp (115 VAC/28 VDC) - Available for all series
- Standard Duty = 7 amps (115 VAC/28 VDC) - Available for all series
- Button options: Large (1.5 in), Medium (.65 in), Small (.375 rad.) - Available for AU and LS 1.5 and .375.
- Standard temperature range: -65° to +400°F available for AU, AUL-SW and AU-LS 10K
- Minimum cycles: All series greater than 50,000
- Switches incorporate Detent features
Principle Of Operation
- A Positive Action Switch uses a mechanism (Rotary or Linear) to move a magnet whcih is then place either in attraction or repulsion, to open or close and electrical circuit. All switches are single pole double throw.