SEACON Precision New Product Release FIBER OPTIC SUTA
SEACON Precision, one of SEACON’s affiliate companies has enhanced the current SUTA (Subsea Umbilical Termination Assembly) connector by introducing a fiber optic version.
The SUTA is a termination and distribution unit for optical cables which contains a fiber management system, mechanical armor termination and fiber k-tube feed through penetrations.
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE
- Dual chamber design
- Pressure balanced oil filled (PBOF) chamber on the connector side with Precision MKII interface
- One atmosphere chamber on the cable side with ports for seal integrity testing
- High pressure fiber optic penetrator between the connector & cable chambers
- Integral fiber management system in both chambers
- Connector & PBOF side factory terminated & tested prior to cable assembly
- Modular design with options for multi-entry & multi-exit
- Field Installable (no compounds)
- Redundant or dual seals on all barriers
- Designed in accordance with ISO-13628-5
- Design Life of 25 years
- Operational depth 4,500m (max)
For more information the datasheet for this (PSAS-DS-0008 FIBER OPTIC SUTA) can be found on the PRODUCT DATASHEETS page of SEACON’s website under the SEACON PRECISION AS heading.