TE Connectivity (TE)’s MINI-CON, Underwater Electrical Dry-Mate Connectors
TE Connectivity (TE) SEACON’s well established MINI-CON range was originally developed for the purpose of supplying small diameter, high density and high pressure connectors. Dry mateable, this connector series is manufactured from 316 Stainless Steel as standard, although other materials are available upon request. The inserts are manufactured from Glass Reinforced Epoxy (GRE) with copper alloy, gold plated contacts although glass sealed inserts are also available for high pressure applications. The MINI-CON series also offers optical and hybrid versions along with PBOF, PBOF-HP (High Pressure), reversed miniature inserts and self-wiping miniatures.
With the introduction of the MIN-D and MIN-E connectors, the MINI-CON connector series is now available in 13 shell sizes with 1 to 203 contacts including coax and has a pressure rating of up to 20,000 psi (approximately 45,000ft/13,700m).
The MINI-CON range has been supplied to numerous naval programs and has become one of the connectors of choice for a number of navies around the world. Other applications include drilling systems, umbilical links and ROV’s.
- 13 shell sizes
- Up to 203 contacts including coax
- Up to 16,000 psi (with standard materials. Contact TE firstname.lastname@example.org for higher ratings)
- Up to 5,000 VDC
- Temperature Range: -57°C to +93°C (-70°F to +200°F)
- Up to 23 amps (dependent on cable)
- Glass sealed inserts available
- Optics & hybrid available
- Oil filled available
- Stainless Steel, GRE, Copper Alloy