SEACON Advanced Products, LLC Test Facilities Update
Test Facilities Datasheet
SEACON Advanced Products, LLC Test Facilities datasheet has been updated and is now at Rev 2. Updates are to pressure vessels PV2, PV3, PV4 and coming soon the new pressure vessel PV5.
Below shows the complete testing facility range available at SEACON Advanced Products, LLC.
In order to better serve the demanding needs of the subsea connector industry, SEACON continues to expand the scope and capacity of its connector and component testing facilities, introducing a number of new state-of-the-art testing capabilities. These test facilities are configured to support qualification and factory testing of SEACON products to industry standards and customer specific specifications. Implementation of these on-site test facilities enables SEACON to provide its customers with a quicker and more efficient service for qualifying and factory acceptance testing of its products.
In recognition of the importance of the subsea connector product range, SEACON has heavily invested in its connector product test equipment in order to provide its customers with confidence that their products are safe, reliable and suitable for the intended use.
- Leakage Current
- Dielectric Withstand
- Single-Mode and Multi-Mode
- Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR)
- Optical Power Meter(s)
- Optical Interferometer
Optical Oil – Fill Cleanliness Testing
- Environmental Testing
- Accelerated Life Testing
- Long Term Testing
- Mechanical Testing
- Bonding Testing
- Destructive Testing
- Cross-Section Analysis
- Batch Testing
- Connector Wet-Mate / De-mate Testing at Pressure (various subsea connector mating fixtures)
Turbid Sand Silt Testing
- Helium (Sustained Leak Rate): 4 single channel transducer @ 0-10 VDC (-15 psi to 85 psi)
- Helium Mass Spectrometer: Alcatel Model ASM 180T, Detecting leaks as small as the 10-11 atm.cc/s, used in the testing of penetrators (as per chamber designed for penetrator, also suitable for Hermetic testing)
Helium Mass Spectrometer
- Environmental Chamber: LR Environmental Equipment Co, Sun 25 PSI LN2 (-70 to +315 degree C) 22″ x 22″ x 22″. Model EC16. Coolant/pressure LN2 @ 25 psi
- Mechanical Shock and Vibration Testing:
- Environmental Stress Screening – (ESS) testing equipment: UNHOLTZ Dickie Corp. Model MA250D-206. ESS/Vibration: Optical attenuation is monitored continuously during the application of a vibration sequence in the vertical axis that is a transport/handling like spectrum. (20-80 hz @ 3db per octave rise, 80-350 hz @ .04g2/hz, 350-2000 hz@ 3db per octave rolloff).
Environmental Stress Screening
PRESSURE VESSEL PV1
Certified to 20,000 (1,379 bar) per ASME Section VIII, Div. 1, 6″ ID x 24″ deep, suitable for small connectors to undergo live testing.
PRESSURE VESSEL PV2
Certified to 1,923 psi (132 bar) per ASME Section VIII, Div. 1, 30″ ID and 78″ internal straight length. Hydraulically actuated “rotate” vessel head. Suitable for 2 concurrent evao^ifdeqp (or other connectors) to undergo live mate/de-mate testing and full cable assemblies. Has three penetrations, 2 on the side and one on the top.
PRESSURE VESSEL PV3
Certified to 10,000 psi (689 bar). ID 10” and 42” deep. Has multiple HPA for an array of different tests.
PRESSURE VESSEL PV4
Certified to 6,750 psi (465 bar) working pressure. ID 39” and 110” deep. Has five penetrations. Is computer controlled and has ability to print graphs for customers.
PRESSURE VESSEL PV5
Certified to 10,000 psi/689 bar. ID 30″ and 120″ deep. Has multi-directional hoist. Accessibility via forklift or truck. Pucks available for rental or as a customized purchase. We offer half days and full days depending on total hours. Expedited service is available. Specialized test equipment can be provided.