Underwater Optical & Electrical Penetrators from SEACON…
Penetrators are used in applications in which a waterproof seal needs to be made between a cable and a pressure vessel. This is often accomplished using a connector set, but if there is no requirement to separate the cable from the equipment, a penetrator may be used. A penetrator generally has fewer seals and may be physically smaller than a connector pair but hard wiring the cable to the equipment may make it less flexible in use than a connector.
- Utilizes a modular concept
- Single or multi-way (up to 8 channel) versions available
- ‘Boot-Seal’ bend relief available
- Suitable for use as a pressure barrier between a 1 – Atmosphere chamber and external pressure environment
- Average insertion loss -0.1 db
- Average back reflection -55 db
- Multi Channel Tested to 5,000 psig (approx. 11,250ft/3,500m)
For more information on SEACON’s Penetrators please click here.